What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
2 Relationship To Agreements
To the extent that it is incorporated by reference into any agreement between you and us, such as our website terms and conditions, the terms of this policy form part of that agreement (Taylors Wines Agreement).
(a) We collect Personal Information about you when you provide it to us in the course of completing information fields (eg name, email address, phone number, interaction data) on a website operated or hosted by us or via email tracking and analysis, social media or mobile interaction operated by us.
(b) We also collect the following kinds of Personal Information about you: • Purchase history and information • Product preference information
(a) We collect only such Personal Information as we need to collect in order to supply our services. To the extent (if any) that the Personal Information is Sensitive Information, we will not collect that information without your consent. To the extent that we do not need to collect Personal Information about you, you are not obliged to provide that information to us.
(b) Specifically, we collect Personal Information (as relevant):
• For the purposes of direct marketing or sharing with our marketing suppliers and partners;
• to enter into contractual relations with you, eg the Taylors Wines Agreement; • to identify you as a party to the Taylors Wines Agreement;
• to supply our services to you;
• to enable you to use any goods we may supply;
• to assist us to improve our services;
• for certain Legal Reasons; and
• to otherwise comply with our obligations under law.
(c) If you do not enable or permit us to collect this Personal Information, then we may not be able to all of the things set out in paragraph (b).
3.3 Collecting entity
The entity collecting Personal Information is Taylors Wines Pty Ltd (ABN 43 007 733 897) of Suite 2, Shed 72, 4F Huntley Street, Alexandria NSW 2015.
4 Use Of Personal Information
(a) We use Personal Information to supply our services to you and to send you communications about these matters, such as administrative notices. We also use Personal Information to enable third parties to communicate directly with you.
(b) If you provide your name and mobile phone number or email address to us, you thereby consent to our using your Personal Information to market our services to you, such as by adding you to our mailing list and notifying you of promotional offers. You may withdraw this consent at any time at no cost. All our direct marketing communications will include an unsubscribe or other opt-out mechanism. If you provide your IP address or cookies to us, you there by also consent to our using that Personal Information about you to market services to you by way of displaying targeted banners or similar. You have control over whether you provide cookies or an IP address to us. We will not use your Sensitive Information (if any) in relation to direct marketing without your consent.
(c) We may also use Personal Information for compiling general information that is not itself Personal Information (General Information). General Information may include aggregated statistical information about your attributes, interests and activities. We may use General Information to, among other things, better understand our clients’ needs and improve our services. (d) We may also use Personal Information for Legal Reasons.
5 Disclosure & Transfer Overseas
5.1 Disclosure by us
(a) Generally speaking, we will disclose Personal Information only to sub-contractors supplying us with hosting facilities and financial institutions supplying us with payment facilities and data management. We do this so that those parties can provide their services to us, enabling us in turn to supply our services to you.
(b) However, please note that we also disclose Personal Information to our direct marketing partners and marketing agencies (c) We may disclose Personal Information for Legal Reasons. (d) We may disclose General Information to any person for any commercial purpose.
5.2 Disclosure by you
You may have the practical capacity to disclose Personal Information to the general public when using our services, eg posting an online comment or ‘like’ etc. You take full legal and practical responsibility for any such disclosure of Personal Information.
5.3 Transfer overseas
(a) We may, and likely will, transfer your Personal Information to a person or organisation in a foreign country, but only if one of the following applies: • if we provide the Personal Information to a cloud service provider located overseas for the limited purpose of storing and managing the Personal Information, our contract with the provider: (a) obliges the provider not to use or disclose the Personal Information unless storing and managing the information;
(b) obliges any of the provider’s sub-contractors to agree to the same obligations; and
(c) gives us effective control of the information;
• we have taken such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Overseas Compliance);
• we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, or binding scheme, that has the effect of protecting the information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the way in which the APPs protect the information and there are mechanisms that you or the relevant individual can access to take action to enforce that protection of the law or binding scheme;
• we tell you that Overseas Compliance will not apply and you consent to the transfer; or
• the disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court / tribunal order.
(a) You will be able to access Personal Information about you by contacting us or logging into your account with us (if applicable). If we provide access to the information, we will do so within a reasonable time.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a), we may not grant you access to Personal Information for reasons including:
• if doing so would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
• if the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
• giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within Taylors Wines in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process; or
• for Legal Reasons or similar reasons.
(c) If we deny you access to Personal Information, we will provide reasons for our decision.
(a) We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading (together, satisfactory).
(b) If you believe that the Personal Information we hold is not satisfactory, you may contact us and ask us to correct the information.
(c) If you demonstrate to us that Personal Information held by us is not satisfactory, we will, within a reasonable time, take reasonable steps to correct the information. If you claim that such information is not satisfactory and we disagree, we will notify you of our reasons and, at your request, accompany the information with a note stating your position about the information.
(d) If we correct information that was not satisfactory and we have previously disclosed that information to a third party, we will take reasonable steps to notify that third party.
8 Storage & Security
(a) We hold your Personal Information on internet servers operated by hosting service providers. We have entered into services agreements with those service providers.
(b) We will take reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
(a) We will take reasonable steps to destroy, disable access to or permanently de-identify Personal Information if we no longer need it for any purpose for which we would be permitted to use or disclose the information under the APPs.
(b) However, characteristics of information storage technology mean that it is not reasonably possible to delete every last remnant of information we have collected.
(a) If you wish to complain about a potential breach of the APPs by us, please write to our Privacy Co-ordinator at:
Privacy Officer Taylors Wines Pty Ltd (ABN 43 007 733 897) PO Box 7418 Alexandria NSW 2015 Australia or contact us here.
(b) If we receive a complaint from you, we will handle the complaint in the following way: • We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. • We will conduct an investigation of your complaint. • We will notify you of the outcome of our investigation. • We will provide you with basic information about further action that you may take if you are dissatisfied with the outcome of our investigation.
11 This Policy
(a) We may vary this policy at any time by amending the version of this document accessible by you on a webpage on our website.
(b) We will take reasonable steps to notify you of material variations made pursuant to paragraph (a).
11.2 Principles of interpretation of this policy In this policy, unless expressly to the contrary and as appropriate in the context:
• an expression in the plural may be read in the singular, and vice versa;
• a reference to a thing or things includes a reference to any, some or all, or part or whole, of the thing or things;
• a reference to an act includes an omission and to the causing to be done of that act or omission;
• a reference to a person doing an act includes a reference to the doing of the act on behalf of the person;
• a reference to one alternative does not, of itself, exclude any other alternative;
• an expression of the exercise of a right means the exercise of that right at the sole and absolute discretion of the relevant party;
• a list of rights is not to be read as an exhaustive list of rights;
• a reference to a provision, clause or paragraph is a reference to a provision, clause or paragraph of this policy.
11.3 Defined Terms
(a) This clause 11.3 defines terms used in this policy. Other terms are defined elsewhere in this policy.
(b) collect includes to hold or store following collection.
(c) disclose may include to transfer.
(d) Legal Reasons means any if the following:
• It is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your or the individual's consent and the collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Information is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to an individual's life, health or safety, or a serious threat to public health or safety.
• We believe the collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Information is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action if we have reason to suspect unlawful activity or serious misconduct in relation to our functions or activities has been or is being engaged in.
• The collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court / tribunal order.
• The collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
• The collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
• We reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities by an enforcement body
(e) Personal Information is information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, including Sensitive Information.
(f) Sensitive Information is Personal Information of a sensitive nature, such as information about race, ethnicity, political opinion, religious beliefs or sexuality.
(g) use may include to disclose or transfer.
(h) we means Taylors Wines Pty Ltd.
(i) you means:
• the individual who has entered into the relevant Taylors Wines Agreement or, if the person who has entered into the Taylors Wines Agreement is an entity (eg a company) and not an individual, then in this policy you means any individual connected with the entity and who supplies Personal Information to us in the course of the entity’s performance of the Taylors Wines Agreement; or
• the individual reading this policy, if that individual is also an individual in relation to whom we must, pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), abide by this policy.