Food type: Asian, Seafood
36 green king prawns
2 limes, squeezed
1 clove garlic, pressed
For the marinade:
3 tbsp honey
75 ml dark soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for an hour.
Remove the heads of the prawns, peel and devein, then place in a bowl, pour over the lime juice and garlic.
Stir well, coating the prawns and leave them for ten minutes to allow them to absorb the flavour.
In a bowl, mix the honey, olive oil, soy and chilli sauces, then pour the mixture over the prawns, then give it a stir to make sure the prawns are coated evenly.
Remove the skewers from the water, take the prawns out of the marinade and thread them onto the skewers.
Brush with olive oil, then cook the prawns on a hot barbecue grill, or under the oven grill, first one side then the other. Serve immediately.
- Wakefield Estate Gewürztraminer
- Wakefield Estate Pinot Gris
- Wakefield Estate Riesling
- Wakefield Estate Sauvignon Blanc
- Eighty Acres Classic Dry White
- Jaraman Riesling
- Promised Land Moscato
- Promised Land Pinot Grigio
- Promised Land Riesling
- Promised Land Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Promised Land Unwooded Chardonnay
- St. Andrews Riesling