Food type: Turkey
5-6kg fresh or frozen Turkey - giblets removed (allow 30 minutes per kg, plus 30 minutes), plus 10 minutes resting)
1kg floury potatoes cut into 2cm dice
5 apples, peeled deseeded and chopped into small cubes.
1 handful Rosemary (preferably fresh however dry can be substituted)
50g caster sugar
2 medium onions, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until soft and then drain. Place 50g of butter in a large pan and sauté the onions and 2 of the diced apples until soft. Add 2 tbsp rosemary and salt and pepper, and then stir in the cooked potatoes. Fill the turkey cavity with the stuffing and secure with metal skewers. Weigh the stuffed turkey to calculate the cooking time.
2. Place the turkey on a metal rack over a large roasting tin and generously rub the skin with salt and olive oil. Then place in the oven for 30 minutes. When time is up reduce the temperature to 180°C. Then Return the turkey to the oven for the remaining cooking time, or until thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear, pouring off the excess fat regularly. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes.
3. Place the remaining 3 apples, butter and the sugar, plus 150ml cold water in a medium-sized pan and simmer for approximately 10 minutes until the apples are soft. Stir in the remainder of the rosemary and keep warm until ready to serve. Remove the stuffing from the cavity. Carve the turkey and serve with the apple sauce, potato stuffing, roast potatoes, baby broccoli and honey glazed carrots.
Serve with crusty bread and a glass of Taylors Estate Chardonnay.
- Wakefield Estate Chardonnay
- Wakefield Estate Merlot
- Wakefield Estate Pinot Gris
- Wakefield Estate Pinot Noir
- Eighty Acres Cabernet Shiraz Merlot
- Eighty Acres Chardonnay
- Jaraman Chardonnay
- Jaraman Pinot Noir
- Promised Land Cabernet Merlot
- Promised Land Merlot
- St. Andrews Chardonnay
- TWP Grenache Shiraz Mataro